Friday, July 1, 2011

A letter to you

For the first time in my life I can say I am finally over you.  When I went swimming and you were there I felt a new strength in myself.  A few weeks ago whenever I saw a red truck my stomach would sink.  I longed for you and had to stop myself from crying when I thought of how it would never be the same.  Sitting in that chair with you right across that table, I felt so much distance.  Everytime I caught you looking at me I felt no connection to you whatsoever.  I needed to know how I would react when I hung out with my friends and you were there.  Now that I have that experience, I really do mean it when I say I'm over you.  It was nice of Penelope to say shed get us back together.  And I have thought hard what I'd say to you if you ever wanted me back.  I love you but I love myself more, you broke my heart, and I have finally gotten my happiness back.  Going back to you would be a major step back.  I just want to keep moving forward no matter how much it hurts.  I will never forget you because you have taught me that I do deserve better.  I have a new confidence that I never had before and also an inner strength.  I would also like you to please don't label me when really we knew nothing about each other.  Yes, you did have my heart, but I took it back and this is me saying I wish you nothing but the best because now I can finally say I'm moving on.  You just lost the best thing that would ever be yours

No comments:

Post a Comment